Saturday, March 10, 2012

And more skraelings

Sorry, skraelings will have to come at a later time. I woke up this morning and shuffled into the kitchen for coffee and brains, and in my half-awake state, I must not have noticed Candlemass was already there until I felt someone run the tip of their finger across the back of my neck. Of course, this scared me half to death, and Candlemass got a good laugh out of the whole thing.

He had already helped himself to some coffee, which he says he enjoys. He was more than a bit of a mess, cloak covered in spatters of mud and blood, and he looked like he'd been doing some strenuous stuff earlier. When I asked him what he'd been doing, he said he'd gone on a "hunt" with other members from the Order for the last bit of the skraeling band, and he'd finally gotten to immolate the nest.

It sounded pretty grim to me, but he reminded me (while pouring himself yet another up of coffee) that they killed people and animals, and there was no room amongst all the dead for them to be pitied.

We chatted a bit, and I shared my breakfast with him before he headed off, saying he still had to go make his report for that morning's patrol.

So far, that's it for today. I'll have to tell you guys about the skraeling attack, and the skraeling hunt after that. They're kind of grim, but I think they'd be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment