Friday, March 9, 2012

A strangely relaxing day

Today I went on a hunting expedition for some old books in the unused second floor bedrooms of my house. They've been closed up for a long time, so you can imagine the unpleasant detritus that's built up in there, something that they lacked no shortage of.

I also found lots of stuff from when I was a young kid, when I was really into herbalry and botany and whatnot.

Candlemass popped in randomly while I was digging through old boxes of my stuff, and smiled at a huge book of herbs I'd pulled out and started leafing through it. He asked if I remembered anything he used to teach me, and I surprised him by telling him more than he thought I would remember.



He's been impressed lately at my progress in shielding (apparently I do it naturally, when I don't have my aura or whatever turned on like an open faucet), and he says he wants to redo herbalry with me. But, of course, it has to wait until springtime, when I can get and grow herbs properly.

"Knowing the proper time for medicine is important, Chickadee." He'd told me, shaking a slim paperback at me. It had been the deciding factor in his wife's death, he'd told me, something he'd never allow me to do.

Candlemass hung around around with me for most of the afternoon, until it was getting dark, going through boxes of stuff with increasing amusement.

I thought it was pretty amazing he had enough time to loaf around with me, with all of the missions he apparently has to do, but he only snorted at that. After the Grindels and then the return of the skraelings, he told me he was going to let Stone soak in his own juices.

I forgot, I haven't told you about the skraelings again. I'll have to detail that when I get more time.

2 comments: